BHS announces plans and requirements for October 16 Homecoming parade and football game
Berkeley High School is finalizing plans for their October 16 Homecoming parade and football game. Homecoming queen contestants and other school organizations are preparing to participate in the annual Homecoming parade to be held on Main Street in Moncks Corner as leaders navigate SC Department of Commerce requirements in place for events attracting more than 250 people. Following the parade, Stag football will kick off at 7:30 p.m. and announce the Berkeley High School Homecoming Queen at half-time.
School leaders ask that everyone review the following requirements and expectations to help ensure an enjoyable and safe Homecoming experience. Please note the importance of complying with state requirements, and all health and safety guidelines.
Berkeley High School Homecoming Friday, October 16, 2020
- Parade: Participants will line-up in preparation for the parade at the Moncks Corner Town Hall on Carolina Avenue on Friday, October 16
- Families, fans, and community members are invited to line the street, following social distancing guidelines, for the parade’s 4 p.m. start time
- Per the SC Department of Commerce requirement, parade participants and spectators must wear a face covering
- Spectators are expected to follow all social distancing guidelines when lining the parade route
- Sanitation stations will be available along the parade route and should be used by spectators
- Stag football game: The stags will kick-off against the Stratford Knights at 7:30 p.m.
- Bonner Stadium will be limited to 2,000 spectators. Information about football ticket purchase information is available here
- Attendees are expected to wear face-coverings while inside the stadium. The covering may be removed when eating.
- Clear Bag/No Bag entry procedure will be in place
- Measured seating and designated standing areas will be marked and available to ticketed individuals. Pre-marked seating and designated standing areas will be six feet apart.
- No more than four ticketed individuals should sit/stand in the designated areas.
- Attendees will be expected to remain in their designated seating or standing area, unless moving to the concession stand or restroom.
- Attendees WILL NOT be permitted on the field before, during or after the games.
- Sanitation stations will be available for attendee use.
- All attendees are asked to move directly to their vehicles following the conclusion of the event.
- Re-entry will be prohibited.
BCSD’s Clear Bag/No Bag entry procedure will be in place for the football game. Attendees can find more information about BCSD’s Clear Bag/No Bag entry procedure here: https://www.bcsdschools.net/clearbag.